In the East Goscote Plumbers Premier Division Falcons FC beat Rothley Imperial 4-1 for the second week on the trot to set up a winner takes all last game of the season against Greenhill YC at Nanpantan, Luke Green (2) and Danny Pownall (2) for the Falcons, Anthony Wood for Rothley.

In the Division One FC Coalville beat runners up Greenhill YC Reserves 7-2, Sam Mugglestone (2), Reece Storer (2), Dan Harris, Ashley Henshall and Will Ogg for Coalville, Ryan Thornley and Jordan Ward for Greenhill.

Woodhouse Imperial missed the chance of snatching runners up spot from Asfordby Development after drawing 3-3 with Champions Wymeswold Reserves, Craig Tebbs (2) and Noel Beniston for Woodhouse, Leon Smith (2) and Matt Garner for Wymeswold.

In the Windmill Trophies Division Three Bottesford FC Reserves moved up to second with a 9-1 win at home against Birstall Old Boys, Adam Daybell (3), Andy Daybell (2), Ben AF Cullen (2), Harry Webster and Jake Hutchinson for Bottesford, Lee Whymant for Birstall. Loughborough United Reserves won 3-2 away at Market Bosworth Reserves, Connor Martin (2) and Chris Stevens for united, Luke Willett hitting both the Bosworth goals.

Measham Welfare Reserves and Sporting Markfield Reserves will meet in the final of the Tom Onions Memorial Trophy on Thursday the 9th May. Measham Welfare Reserves beat Woodhouse Imperial Reserves 7-2, Tom Gutteridge (3), Reece Daniel (3) and Benny Watson for Measham, Jake Melbourne and Josh Adkin replying for Woodhouse. Goals from Connor McGahan (4), Kieran Harding (2) and Harry Crane (2) gave Sporting Markfield Reserves an 8-0 win at Thorpe Acre.

In the first semi-final of the Cobbin Trophy played on Thursday night, Greenhill YC booked their place in the final on May 2nd against the winners of Falcons FC vs Rothley Imperial with a narrow 3-2 win against Division Two side Woodhouse Imperial. Greenhill YC went 2-0 up very early in the game scoring in the first and eighth minute through Nathan Tomlinson and Ryan Mason, Lennon Stephenson pulled one back before Jack Boobyer made it 3-1 going in to half time. In the second half both teams had chances and Woodhouse defended well and got a second in the ninetieth minute, but Greenhill held out to reach the final.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.